The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is well known for the powerful evangelism and outreach ministry of our founder, Billy Graham. His mission is our mission: “Proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us, and equipping others to do the same.”
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada (BGEAC) is seeking a Donor Ministry Representative, as part of a team who will be a main point of contact for donor inquiries to the ministry in addition to receiving and processing donations over the phone. This role also carries out various tasks in the Donor Ministries department to enhance relationship and contact with donors. These activities will also contribute to accurate and timely donor information being produced and used by Ministry Fund Developers.
As an integral member of the Donor Ministries department, this role will help BGEAC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full-time position in the Calgary head office.
- Responds quickly and courteously to donor calls, answering questions as they relate to ministry initiatives, donations, tax receipts, corrections, mailings and recurring donation set up.
- Efficiently responds to or disseminates for response, all incoming emails in the general email inbox
- Ministers to donors through calls of thanks and prayers in addition to informing them of current ministry initiatives
- Provides second level backup for reception overflow, coverage for reception breaks, chapel, lunches and vacation
- Provides ongoing support in the mailing of targeted correspondence to donors (eg. Birthday cards)
- Ensures all donor interactions include an element of prayer
- Creates and maintains a program of thanking and encouraging donors through the personalization of standard cards or letters as directed by the department head, and in collaboration with the standards set by the Communications Department
- Provides support for donor reception and recognition events as directed by the department head
- Represents the Donor Development team as required at ministry events
- Updates and maintains accurate donor records to reflect appropriate contact requirements and reports
- Cultivates ongoing relationships with donors in coordination with the Ministry Fund Developers
- Identifies and communicates with the Ministry Fund Developers regarding donors who have expressed an interest in specific ministry activities/information
- Set up and maintain memorials and honorariums on behalf of the ministry
- Assists with outbound phone calls and follow-up with donors as necessary
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the BGEAC’s Statement of Faith
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, consistent, accurate and efficient
- Ability to perform routine work in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and also be a team player
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Post-secondary diploma and/or experience in Office Administration
- Additional experience in a call center environment
- Additional experience in a fundraising environment, an asset
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected.