The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is well known for the powerful evangelism and outreach ministry of our founder, Billy Graham. His mission is our mission: “Proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us, and equipping others to do the same.”
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada (BGEAC) is seeking a Ministry Manager (Mandarin Chinese Language), who will be responsible to lead a team of volunteers by developing and executing the overall strategic plan for the Mandarin ministry of the Search for Jesus program (SFJ). This position will apply the principles and values of BGEAC and SFJ as they lead Mandarin Chinese language speaking volunteers and contractors in the execution of the program and provide insight into the implementation of the program in the context of their language culture.
As an integral member of the Billy Graham Ministry department, this role will help BGEA carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfill a full time, one year contract position in the Calgary head office. An opportunity to telecommute (work from home) will be considered for out of town applicants.
- Executes and oversees the strategic ministry plan to meet goals for the Mandarin ministry and support ministry-wide SFJ initiatives.
- Maintains ministry standards and guidelines in alignment with broader SFJ and BGEAC ministry.
- Develops new process guides and procedures as necessary for the SFJ program.
- Coordinates the implementation of in-house Chinese language evangelism and discipleship websites and online ministry tools, ensuring appropriate contextualization within the overarching SFJ ministry principles and practices. This will include a messaging platform, a course/learning platform, landing pages, web site, and social media sites.
- Oversees work performed by various contractors including the Chinese content producer(s) and engagement specialist(s).
- Initiates and tracks project plans and deliverables to ensure adequate and timely completion.
- Provides digital marketing insight to, and collaboration with the Communications & Creative Services department.
- Builds a rapport and relationships with a broad range of evangelical ministerial.
- Provide regular updates on status of SFJ Mandarin ministry as well as ad-hoc information as requested.
- Ensure that ongoing ministry is being performed according to established protocols and standards.
- Develop SFJ Mandarin ministry to provide ministry engagement through dedicated volunteer processes.
- Oversees the recruitment, vetting and selection of Mandarin Chinese language volunteers.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets financial and statistical reports, managing Mandarin ministry area budget and redirecting advertising efforts based on the data.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the BGEAC’s Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related program is strongly preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a ministerial role, specific experience in Chinese ministry desired.
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Mandarin and English fluency in writing, reading, and speaking is required.
- Experience managing projects with multiple elements required.
- Capacity to acquire a thorough understanding of proprietary SFJ Software tools.
- Proven leadership skills: problem solving, relationship building, detail oriented, able to prioritize and meet deadlines on multiple projects.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Experience with a Learning Management System will be an asset.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required based on operational needs.
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected.