Location: Vancouver, BC
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is well known for the powerful evangelism and outreach ministry of our founder, Billy Graham. His mission is our mission: “Proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us, and equipping the church and others to do the same.”
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada (BGEAC) is seeking a Ministry Fund Developer in the Vancouver-area BC to be a member of the development team, working from a home-based office. This role will be responsible for meeting financial goals in order to facilitate ministry objectives determined for BGEAC. Along with developing new relationships and donors, the Ministry Fund Developer stewards existing donors as assigned. This team player will participate in fundraising initiatives organized by the department and attends events on behalf of the ministry. Travel throughout the province, and sometimes beyond, will be required. They will build support primarily from individuals, secondarily from corporations, foundations, educational institutions, and churches. The Ministry Fund Developer will be expected to make presentations on BGEAC projects and provide audiences with opportunities to financially support BGEAC.
The Ministry Fund Developer also supports the foundation donor portfolio, and will assist with research and proposal writing resulting in support from new foundations. The Fund Developer will help BGEAC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry and the aforementioned functions as an integral member of the Development department.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement and compliance with the BGEAC Statement of Faith, Code of Personal Conduct and organizational policies
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in major gift fundraising and some foundation grant proposal writing experience an asset
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals while strengthening an organization’s reputation
- Must be able to work under pressure and manage complex and often competing priorities; ambitious to achieve goals
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented, professional
- Ability to work effectively in an often changing environment
- Capable of managing own schedule to ensure targets are achieved
- Must enjoy meeting new people and be resourceful in researching, prospecting, engaging new constituents
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about the vision and ministry of BGEAC and enjoys networking and sharing with others about the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and gifted at public speaking, with proven fundraising ability
- Awareness of Non-Governmental Organization culture, an asset
- Experience with fund development databases and Microsoft Excel
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to: email@example.com
Open until a suitable candidate is selected
Note: Staff must be in agreement with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s Statement of Faith and be committed to Biblical values, precepts and conduct. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No phone calls please.