BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
What is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- When you make a donation to us (which may be financial or non-financial/in-kind), or respond to our mailings and appeals;
- When you request information or materials from our organization;
- When you contact us in relation to volunteering or fundraising on our behalf;
- When you apply for a job with us, become an employee, or provide consultancy services directly to us; or
- When you contact us with inquiries or other correspondence (including via social media) or become involved with us in another way.
If you interact with us in one of the ways listed above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, your age;
- Information you enter onto our website or other hard copy forms at an event;
- Records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- Details of your visit to our website, including your IP address, general location;
- Financial information such as your bank or credit card details;
- Whether you have a relationship to another supporter (e.g. husband/wife)
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about you, such as religious beliefs, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health, unless there is a legitimate reason to do so. If we need to collect this type of data, we will obtain your consent or draw this specifically to your attention so you understand what information is needed and why we need it.
We use the following types of cookies and online tracking technologies:
- A persistent cookie allows us to provide you with a smoother browsing experience while you navigate our websites. Persistent cookies also help our websites remember your information and settings whenever you visit them. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you manually erase them or they expire.
- A session cookie is temporary, only used during a single session on this website, and is automatically deleted at the end of your visit. We may use session cookies (a) to customize your visit to this website and your membership experience, (b) to deliver content consistent with your stated interests and the manner in which you browse and/or use this website, and (c) for other purposes to make your visit more convenient
What about Online Advertising?
We promote and encourage support of our ministry activities by purchasing advertising space on third-party websites via companies such as Google, Bing, and Facebook.
When you visit one of our websites, we or a third party may place one or more types of cookies on your computer in order to recognize your computer. Because we advertise about our ministry activities on third-party websites, we are able to compile anonymous information over time about the types of pages, content, and ads you or others who use your computer visited or viewed. This anonymous information is used for many purposes. For example, it helps us try to ensure that you do not see the same advertisements repeatedly. We also use this anonymous information to help select and display targeted advertisements on third-party websites that encourage support of our ministry activities.
Third-party companies also may collect anonymous information about your activity on our websites and applications and on third-party web sites and applications using online tracking technologies like cookies, web beacons, pixels or other storage technologies. Tracking data collected by these third-party companies is used to decide which advertisements you see on third-party websites and applications, but does not identify you personally.
You may choose not to receive targeted advertisements from many ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers by visiting the following links:
- Google: See Device Settings, Marketing Platform opt-out page.
- Bing: See the Microsoft Online Advertising Privacy Statement
What about Links to other Websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. BGEAC is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
To allow you to interact with third-party websites on which you may have accounts (such as social media websites) or join communities on such websites, we may provide links or embed third-party applications that allow you to login, post content, or join communities from our website.
Why Do We Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information?
The personal information collected through our website is used and disclosed for our ministry and business purposes. For example, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information to:
- Establish, maintain and manage relationships so that we may provide you with updates about our programs and projects (i.e. monthly newsletters, special mailings, and email etc.) or receive from us the products and services that you have requested;
- Encourage you spiritually;
- Provide you the opportunity to support our work through prayer, donations and personal participation in ministry work;
- Allow us to review the products and services provided so that we may work to improve them;
- For our own administrative purposes and to keep a record of your relationship with us.
- To provide essential event information where you have signed up to attend.
- Be able to comply with your requests (for example, your communication preferences);
- To ensure the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your compute/mobile device.
- Protect us against error, fraud, theft and damage to our property; and
- Enable us to comply with applicable law or regulatory process (for example, we may collect personal information to satisfy the obligations imposed on us by our various regulators).
We may also collect, use and disclose your personal information for any other reasonable purpose to which you consent.
Your personal information may be shared with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates, ministry partners and other parties who require such information to assist us with: (i) establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you; and (ii) providing the products and services you request.
Moreover, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties outside of Canada. For example, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, a non-profit corporation based in the United States, may provide certain information technology, data processing services, and consulting services to us from time to time. As a result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in the United States.
When leaving our website or upon the collection of data for shared programs and services we will inform you and request your consent prior to directing you to their website or submitting your information to such third parties. In these circumstances the information you submit or we deliver on your behalf will be handled and stored subject to the privacy policies of the third party.
Please note that we may collect, use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Your Consent is Important to Us
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Manager using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Manager ([email protected]).
Please note that in some circumstances, withdrawing or changing your consent to certain uses of your personal information may affect: (i) our ability to provide you with the products or services you request; and (ii) your ability to access to this website.
When you request to withdraw your consent we will keep some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted communications in the future. If we do not retain this information, then this could result in us contacting you again as we would no longer have a record of your request not to be contacted.
How is Your Personal Information Protected?
BGEAC endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while this website strives to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once this website receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
The security of your personal information is important to us, please advise our Privacy Manager ([email protected]) immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
Where We Store Your Information
The information we collect from you is stored in Canada. When we need to transfer your data to a destination outside of Canada, information will be handled and stored subject to the privacy policies of the third party.
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
In some circumstances, we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to Your Personal Information
You can ask to see your personal information. If you want to review, verify or correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Manager ([email protected]). Please note that any such communication must be in writing.
When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information; subject to regulatory rules in your jurisdiction, however, we will advise you of any fee in advance. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Manager ([email protected]).
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Inquiries or Concerns?
Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada
20 Hopewell Way NE
Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Fax: (403) 250-6567
E-mail: [email protected]