The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is well known for the powerful evangelism and outreach ministry of our founder, Billy Graham. His mission is our mission: “Proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us, and equipping others to do the same.”
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association of Canada (BGEAC) is seeking an Assistant Manager to join their Rapid Response Team (RRT) Ministry. Reporting to the RRT Manager, the Assistant Manager will coordinate and administer training within the RRT Ministry, and assist the RRT Manager in the role of training, equipping, administering, and overseeing chaplains and chaplain coordinators. This position also contributes to the assessment of crisis situations, deployment-related decision-making, and oversight of details in the engagement of volunteer chaplains and coordinators being deployed. As an integral member of the Billy Graham Ministry department, the Assistant Manager will help BGEAC carry out its mission and objectives through participation in daily prayer ministry. The successful candidate will fulfil a full-time permanent position in the Calgary head office.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Recruit and select volunteer chaplains, respond to inquiries regarding application submissions, and recommend approval of all proposed candidates for final approval by the RRT Manager
- Coordinate and administer all aspects of RRT Ministry training, and connect with churches and organizational partners to promote RRT training opportunities with
- Engage with the RRT chaplain coordinators regarding deployment, training opportunities and ministry updates
- Stay informed of domestic and global disaster and crisis events, engage in cross-organizational dialogue as necessary to discuss and determine potential RRT involvement
- Assist the RRT Manager with staff and volunteer placement, provide leadership in the field to chaplains and coordinators as well as assist with set-up, preparation, and tear down during deployments
- Assist in the debriefing process and provide administrative assistance and direction to chaplain coordinators before, during, and after deployment
- Oversee and maintain the department files, ensuring confidentiality.
- Responsible for day to day office administrative tasks
- Order and manage inventory and effectively steward RRT resources (books, uniforms) as well as preparation and distribution of relevant RRT promotional materials
- Support the RRT Manager in the oversight and implementation of the RRT ministry’s strategic direction and ongoing relationships with local emergency management personnel, first responders and other disaster relief organizations.
- Qualified applicants should be committed to Christian values and precepts and be in agreement with the BGEAC’s Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in a related discipline or certification in crisis-related training
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an administrative role, with additional supervisory experience highly desirable
- Experience in relief, crisis situations and/or parachurch will be an asset
- Outgoing personality and ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent public speaking and training skills with an understanding of adult learning principles
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. French language skills will be an asset
- Disciplined self-starter; able to work independently and stay motivated and organized to carry out multiple projects to completion with little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong organizational and administrative skills
- Detail-oriented, thorough, and able to multi-task
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information
- Ongoing passion for personal learning and development of others
- Ability to work under stress, and in confrontational situations
- Ability and willingness to travel and hold a valid passport
To respond to this opportunity, please forward your resume together with a cover letter detailing your passion for Christian ministry employment to:
Attention: Human Resources
20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, AB T3J 5H5
Application Deadline: Open until a suitable candidate is selected.