When have you been in a situation when you desperately needed help? Who did you turn to? I was recently admonished by a very well-meaning person, “Anne—take care of yourself. No one else will.”
Seriously? While I understand the challenge to be prudent about practical matters, I have every confidence that God will take care of me as though I was the only person He had to be concerned with. Because God is my Help … I can turn to Him. And He is your Help, too.
Subscribe to Decision
Get your own subscription, or renewal, or bless someone by giving Decision Magazine as a gift.
WHEN YOU ARE WEAK
- In what way, or area of your life, do you feel weak?
- List God’s promises found in Isaiah 41:10.
- Write out each promise in your own words, inserting your name.
- Which promise is most encouraging to you, and why?
- How does God promise to hold you up when you are weak?
- Besides upholding you, what else is associated with God’s right hand? See Exodus 15:6; Psalm 16:11; 17:7; 18:35; 44:3; 60:5; 89:13; 139:9-10; Isaiah 48:13; Mark 16:19; Romans 8:34.
- What caused Daniel to be overcome with weakness in Daniel 10:15-17?
- How was he given strength? Read Daniel 10:18-19.
- What have you been confronted with that has caused you to go weak?
- When you are weak, whether physical, emotional, mental or spiritual, would you ask God to give you His strength as you turn to Him for help? Then open your Bible.
WHEN YOU ARE WORRIED
- What was the psalmist worried about in Psalm 4:1-2?
- How did God help the psalmist when he turned to God? See Psalm 4:7-8.
- What was Jehoshaphat worried about in 2 Chronicles 20:1-2?
- How did he react to the alarming news, according to 2 Chronicles 20:3-13?
- How did God respond to Jehoshaphat’s cry for help? See 2 Chronicles 20:14-30.
- In Matthew 6:33-34, what did Jesus command us to do when we are worried?
- How does the Apostle Paul underscore turning to God when we are worried? See Philippians 4:6-7.
- What is the antidote for worry? Read Proverbs 3:5-6.
- What are you worried about? Who have you turned to? What has been the result?
When you are worried, would you ask God to give you His peace as you turn to Him for help? Then open your Bible.
WHEN YOU ARE WEARY
- When have you experienced weariness physically? Emotionally? Mentally? Spiritually?
- What encouragement do you receive from Isaiah 40:27-31 if you are physically weary?
- What encouragement do you receive from Galatians 6:9-10 if you are spiritually weary?
- What encouragement do you receive from 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 if you are emotionally weary?
- What encouragement do you receive from 1 Corinthians 2:1-5, 16 if you are mentally weary?
- What inner resource for believers does Ephesians 1:18-21 reveal to be available?
The next time you are weary to the point of collapse, would you ask God to give you His resurrection power as you turn to Him for help? Then open your Bible.
The writer to the Hebrews exclaimed with emphatic confidence: The Lord is my helper … And He is! How do I know He will help you? Because that’s who He is. He can’t be less than Himself, and He is our Helper. Rely on Him and experience His strength when you are weak, His peace when you are worried, and His resurrection power when you are weary.
He will help you. I know. ©2017 Anne Graham Lotz
Give To Where Most Needed
Help us fulfill our mission of proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping others to do the same.